Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lost my shirt

Arun retrieving a stuck rope rappelling off Young and Rackless, a fun 5.9 4-pitch climb, with Leici...go Arun!

Its summer in Boulder, which means I may be inclined to climb without a shirt on occasion. I bet you've never seen me climb in shorts though - I'm too much of a trady at heart to not bang up my knees scumming up a climb.

But yesterday was the first time I lost my shirt. Luckily, a crumpled pile of cotton did not add to the climber micro-trash of tape - Marc and RD kindly picked it up on their way out. I drove the hour+ drive home weaving through the farms and estates of the front range shirtless and feeling free. I won't forget the look on my neighbor's face when I said I lost my shirt. I can crack myself up sometimes. Apart from the occasional sufferfest (see Jason's post on Mt Alice ski trip here), I've been enjoying the daily swing of trail runs and sport climbing.

18 miles down, 6 to go in the East Inlet of RMNP

Here are a small handful of photos from some start-of-the-summer trips:

Paul cruising up Empire of the Fenceless at Easter

Zach on his way to sending The Ticket

Hiking the meadows below Lumpy
RD getting us started at the Monastery
Marc on the fabulous Tabula Rasa
Me enj0ying the moves high on the pillar

No comments:

Post a Comment